Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Thoughts Lately

I haven't been blogging a lot lately, but that doesn't mean I've stopped having profound thoughts about the world around me, thoughts that need to be shared on a regular basis. So please, allow me to brain dump.

I just discovered makeup video reviews on YouTube. I don't know why, but I can't stop watching these people talk about the subtle nuances between the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain and the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms. This woman is mesmerizing. I can't look away. (And the matte balms are pretty amazing too, by the way.) Just don't let me start watching unboxing or haul videos or I'll never leave the house again.


On the radio the other day, the DJ played "Sweater Weather" and "Undone (The Sweater Song)" back-to-back, and I appreciated it. But really, it's Wisconsin, so they should have been playing "Cuddl Duds Weather" and "Undone (The Parka Song)."

If you're not listening to Serial, you're not living a full life. Chris and I listened to it together on the couch last week, and we might even add popcorn to the mix this week. It feels like the 1940s. Gives an additional layer to the term "Throwback Thursday."



#MailKimp

I like this hack almost as much as I like how angry Chris gets when I call things "hacks."

Speaking of Chris, Chris went to the liquor store the other day and came back with a bottle of Brandy for some reason. So we decided to be Titanic-y and "retire for a Brandy" last night. I decided I'd rather retire for a wine.


I've been rewatching Gilmore Girls on Netflix, with the rest of the Basic Bitches, and I've come to the realization that Dean is a dick. And I don't think he's supposed to be. I can't imagine how much I'm going to hate Jess 13 years later. I also realized I identify more with Lorelai now, which makes me feel old as hell.

Speaking of feeling old as hell...I can't believe I'm about to say this but...have you heard the new Nick Jonas song? I kind of can't get enough of it. And don't even get me started on his recent homage to Mark Wahlberg in Flaunt Magazine. Nick Jonas has one request of us, and I respond with...I'll definitely consider it. But I feel dirty because I'm figuratively old enough to be his grandma.

YAAAASSS.

What's on your mind lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.