Friday, June 25, 2010

Where am I Going, Where Have I Been?

You may have noticed my posting has been light for a while. I’ve had quite a few life changes in the past few months that have left me too tired, busy, excited, and/or emotionally spent to blog. So what have I been up to?


First I finished up with finals and ended my campus jobs.


True, except my “things I studied” circle was even smaller.


Then we had senior week, which means drink, rinse, repeat. And a little “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It).”



That’s just chocolate milk…


Next was graduation, the saddest day of my life, the day I’d been dreading for months, the day I entered “the real world.” (I seem to have forgotten what John Mayer taught me about the real world back in 02.)


I had to do it!


Then I moved away from my lovely apartment and my fave roommate ever, and into my childhood bedroom, complete with blanky and weird bear painting.


Why do I allow this “d├ęcor?”


After I got settled in and accepted my fate as a parents’-basement-dweller, I bought my very first car!


Isn't she a beaut?


But that purchase depleted, oh, about 90% of my life savings. So the next item on my agenda was to get a job. Enter One Day One Job. If you’re a recent college grad or current college student trying to find an entry-level job or internship, I highly recommend this blog! Why?


Because…I got a job! Working for these people. And it’s friggin’ sweet, and I couldn’t be happier. (By the way, you should check them out if you’re into crafts, which I know a lot of you are!)

So that’s where I’ve been. Where have you been?


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the job!! That is very exciting. I hope that when I graduate college, things will go somewhat smoothly for me just as they seem to have for you! And also, congrats on the new car! How does it feel to have something that big that is all yours!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been MIA Karisa...... into some unknown realms.... and not doing what.... well i am working and travelling back and forth, eating and sleeping.... that is what it is for me.....

    congrats on your car.... that is so cool girl.... love..xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Congrats! P.S: I love the first graph! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/
    http://gypsy-photography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome to adulthood! it isn't so bad! i was glad to leave college behind me. now i'd like to leave my JOB behind me, but this girl needs a paycheck, so i guess i'll keep sucking it up!

    congrats on the graduation, the job, and the car! now change that bedroom decor when you can (and only if you want to)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hiiii =) i found your blog & i was hoping you could check out mine as well! feel free to become a follower & comment if you'd like. :) have a great day! xoxo

    watchthesunsett.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the real world. It's a shock to the system. HA! Congrats on the new gig sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY Congrats on your job lady! ANd for finishing school. Good things are a comin, you won't be home for long!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.