Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Handmade Anniversary Party

The ol’ bf decided to throw his parents a surprise party for their 25th anniversary. I knew I had to be part of the festivities because I love throwing parties even more than I love eating and sleeping. First up, the invitations.


I made the cut out shape using my beloved Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. The green damask paper was from Michael’s, and I glued it to gray card stock and rounded the corners.



Then we sent them off in silver envelopes because it was their silver anniversary.


The design on the front and the info on the back (which I cannot show for privacy reasons, sorry!) were done by the famous Greg Shutters, who also designed my blog header.


Next I volunteered myself to make all the decorations. I set about getting inspiration from the always helpful internet and decided to make tissue paper poms, pennant banners, and paper flowers.


I used this tutorial for the flowers, which is SUPER easy. The hardest part was taping the roses to the branches. That floral tape is a pain in my…um, foot.


Pardon my stupid face


For the tissue paper poms, I used Martha Stewart’s tutorial and silver tissue paper. I made big ones and small ones and hung them by fishing line around their house and yard.




I didn’t use a tutorial for the banner, because they were pretty straightforward. I just cut triangles from the extra invitation paper. Then I used my crop-a-dile and some metallic eyelets to make the holes and strung them along some gift wrapping ribbon. Then I attached them to the wooden fence with thumb tacks.



There were lots of yummy desserts (none that I can take credit for).




And the party was a success!


*Most of the photos were taken by Chris


Do you like throwing parties too?



9 comments:

  1. I dooo love to throw parties (and go to them!) But when I am throwing a party, I always worry nervously that no one will like it. I know its immature and stupid. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... well to be honest, i don't like parties.... and never attended a big one ever.... in my life.... let alone throwing one Oh! Well maybe i need to get a life. Haha.

    But look at you girl... Seems like you have some talents..... Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color scheme...and those poms are just adorable!

    p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls! I hope you'll follow us at our new site...we went and got our own .com at: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/ Plus, we're hosting lots of fabulous giveaways this month to celebrate our move...Right now we've got two $95 hapari swimsuit gift certificates up for grabs! Hugs, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! New follower from FMF C'mon by if ya have some time http://www.chickenista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous party organising! You do know I have the urge to get out paper and scissors now, don't you..!

    Karisa - they are wonderful links. I've bookmarked them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really famous, but thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a great job!!!!! I want to steal one of those cupcakes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fantastic job!!! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! I am horrible at cutting and cooking so I know I couldn't pull it off, but major high 5 to you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.