Monday, May 10, 2010

Trailers Recut

Whenever I see movie trailers or the “previously on” segments of TV shows (i.e. Desperate Housewives), I can’t help but imagine that the editors’ jobs are similar to mine when writing a paper. When you write a paper you have to find quotes that support your thesis, and when you’re a film editor (is that even what the job is called?) you have to find clips that support your plot. I think editing film would be a lot easier because you don’t have to prove anything about, say “Feminism through a Sociological Lens on Wisteria Lane.” Instead you just have to show who was blackmailing whom last week and which housewife is cheating on her husband. Sounds like a dream job.

That ain't her husband...


Those clever youtubers have tried their hand at misleading film editing (otherwise known as taking quotes out of context in a paper) and created some ridiculous “recut” movie trailers.

Here’s When Harry Met Sally, found via A Cup of Jo.



I found “Scary Mary” aka Mary Poppins a few years ago actually. It’s still funny!



When looking for other recut trailers, I even found The Notebook recut. (Is nothing sacred?)



On the other end of the spectrum is The Shining recut. I was cajoled into watching this on Halloween a few years ago, and I can tell you I would have enjoyed it a lot more if it was more like this trailer makes it look.



Have you seen trailers like this? There are tons more!

7 comments:

  1. ok, i need to watch these, just as soon as the boss gets out of my damn hair! a lot of things are rife for spoofing! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about this shiz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never seen these!! But now I really want to see the Shining like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are hilarious!

    have a great week ahead
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have probably like the notebook more if it had been more like that trailer. I love the shining one, it's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so funny! thanks for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These videos are hilarious! Harry Met Sally was my old time favourite, people are mad (in a funny way) creating horror trailer out of films haha!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.