Friday, April 16, 2010

5 Things That Make Me Happy

A big thank you to Joni at Six Cherries on Top for giving me the Happy 101 Award!


Here are the rules for accepting this award:

1. Copy and Paste the award on your blog.
2. Tell who gave you the award and link to that person's blog.
3. List 10 things that make you happy.
4. Pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know about the award.


I pass the award on to:

M Loves M

What Can I Say

Drollgirl

Bits on the Nippy Side

Absolutely Fabulous


I've already posted about Awesomeness and How to Be Happy, but I suppose I can also give you a list of things that make me happy in general.


5 Things that make me happy (I only have 5):


Hearing conversations in other languages

I like figuring out which language they’re speaking, and I like when they switch between languages mid sentence. I also like watching foreign movies with subtitles and seeing how they say English idioms in different languages. “As if” in French is something along the lines of “in your dreams” according to the dubbed version of Clueless.


Natural light


When I came home from class the other day, the sun streaming in to my bedroom was so unbelievably bright that I just had to make photographic evidence. Don’t mind the unmade bed (that chore doesn’t make me happy, so it never gets done). I don’t know why this makes me happy, but I think it’s a universal thing.


Big hair


I think this one’s self-explanatory. When my hair’s big, I am happy. When your hair’s big, I am jealous. I own a bump-it, and I’ve worn it in public. I back-comb, I pin-curl, I blow dry. I will never achieve hair that is sufficiently voluminous.


Magazines

Getting a new issue of a magazine in the mail is such a great feeling! It all started with Highlights, then American Girl, then Girls’ Life, then YM, Seventeen, Teen Vogue, CosmoGIRL!, Lucky, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Real Simple, and, um Working Mother (I swear I did not subscribe to this. I am neither working nor a mother.) I love the feel of a magazine in my hands, the smell of the perfume samples, the glossy cover, the table of contents full of unread goodness, the layouts that don’t change from month-to-month, the features that do change monthly, the fashion editorials, the couture ads…I love everything about them! It was always my dream to write for a magazine, but sadly I think the end is near for print media.


Men in suits


From two years ago. Forgive my (in retrospect) actually too huge hairdo


When my man puts on a suit, I die a little and go to suit heaven. My favorite part is the shiny belt and the dress shoes. Ooh, and the dress socks! (That’s how you know it’s business time.) I also really like pinstripes, and loosened ties. And when the jacket comes off, I love a rolled-up sleeve or two! (As a side note, can you believe he has the audacity to complain about how uncomfortable his dress shoes are? Try wearing…any type of woman’s shoe.)



What random things make you happy?

10 comments:

  1. WOW... This is such a zestful post.... Fabuloso.... These littlest things make everyone smile but i guess we generally do not look at them often, Great work putting them in words. Now we'll see them better. You have a beautiful smile Karisa.. You both look so good together.

    And thanks for the award... Hooray.

    I am just cleaning up my room... so i'll post a little while later....

    xo and have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing that might make you happy: I'm about to announce on my blog that you won my $10 Starbucks gift card giveaway! Would you mind sending your mailing address to piggybankdating {at}gmail.com so I can send you the card? Congratulations and thanks for entering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the award sweetie :) I'd list a post of things that makes me happy on my blog!

    You look so cute with that big hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you love big hair! And I am super jealous that you know how to pincurl. I love that hairdo, but I never really nailed it. Natural light makes me happy, too, and in a weird way reminds me of summer.

    Some things that make me happy...Disney movies, new clothes, a cup of tea with my mom, looking through old pictures, and being tan. Those are just a few, haha..

    Congrats on the award!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the big hair is the only reason you room with Lauren, eh?

    Also, that pic of SJP is sufficiently horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations! and love these things that make you happy!

    currently a white zinfandel wine is making me VERY happy. hahahah

    thanks so much for passing this on to me. you are a sweetie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm here from Trendy Treehouse's Marketing Monday.

    You know what makes me happy? Happy people and CUPCAKES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the things that make you happy :) Congrats on the award and looks like you will be enjoying starbucks as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love big hair and have found that my shortened do can look pretty big if I want it to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WEEEHH for the little things that make us smile in life!! FANTASTIC!!!

    Congratulations on your award!

    I hope you had a lovely Earth Day #40 yesterday! Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.