And Livejournal screams (in three part harmony) "idiot with an internet connection and a razor blade."
Like this guy, only with a blog instead of a regime.
But Blogger (Blogspot? Again, I don't know computers) is the blog of the stars! First of all, it seems to be run by Google (again with the computers...) which is like the Lady Gaga of search engines. Second of all, almost every blog in my reader (my Google reader) is run by Blogger. Third of all...meh, I've got nothing--but I generally like to have three main points because I'm an English major who can't...get...past...the 5 paragraph essay.
This little internal debate got me thinking about blog stereotypes (how funny that such a thing did not even exist last time we changed decades). I decided there are really only about 6 different types of blogs:
6 Ways of Writing a Blog Entry
1. The “Why do I not own this overpriced piece of hipster art I found on etsy?” blog.
"Oh my, it's just so adorable and sweet! I can think of so many different uses for it, too! Eek, I die. I die!"
2. The “Look what I made all by myself!” blog.
"It was really quite time-consuming and frustrating, but I am sooo happy with how it turned out and can't wait to see everyone's reaction when I wear it to LARPing practice tomorrow."
3. The "I went abroad for the semester or did something else equally eye-opening and decided to share my travails and triumphs with the homies back home" blog.
"Just got here yesterday and I am soooo tired! First we checked into the hotel, and haha we saw the bidet in the bathroom---culture shock! Then we went to dinner at this pub where we had these little tiny hamburgers with "chips" haha and we got to ride one of those double-decker buses. Tomorrow we're going to visit Big Ben and London Bridge andddhnj oh sorry I just fell asleep."
"Hey everyone! I just started a blog, lol I know right? I don't know how to change the font on this thing. How do I see my post when I'm done? Oh well, I'm probably not going to is this very much anyway."
5. The “I just had this totally, totally deep thought that I wanted to share: what if my version of blue is different from yours? And there’s no way for us to ever know?” blog.
6. And worst of all, the “OMGGG my life sux no1 understandz me and my ripped jeans” blog.
"Ugh my mom is such a b!&@$. I told her I was going to a show tonight and she was like, 'what, the movies?' and I was like 'no, a show, idiot.' And she was like 'what, a concert?' And I was like 'no, a show.' Oh Em Gee get me out of this hellhole. Here are some song lyrics to help assuage the pain."
On that note, no one understands me wahhhh.